Some of out favourite Links:
- Belle Vallee Wools - Belle Vallee Wools is a Canadian Processing Mill in Northern Ontario Specializing in Blankets and Yarn.
- Boreal Cuisine - Providing Fine Foods that have been produced regionally throughout Northern Ontario and North-western Quebec.
- Canvas and Clay - Originals of area artists' work on display and for sale and Art Supplies.
- Classic Theatre - Our local Community Theatre
- Devils Rock - BDevils Rock is a granite escarpment, located 5 kilometers (3 mi) south of Haileybury, Ontario, Canada. It is dated to be 2,200 million years old and it has a face of 600 feet rising 300 feet above Lake Timiskaming. People have been rock climbing Devil's Rock in recent years. There are five tunnels in the cliffs face that were made from rock blasting between 1907 and 1912.
- Empire Cinema - The Empire Cinema is a Twin venue showing films weekly.
- Film Event Society of Temiskaming The Film Event Society of Temiskaming was founded in late 2007 as a result of the desire to have some alternative films play in our area.
- Foto Shop Artist Gallery, Custom Framing, Custom Printing, Matte Cutting, Passport Photos, Photo Restoration, Photography, Studio Photography, Wedding Photography.
- Highway Book Shop Highway Book Shop has been in operation since 1957 under the continuous ownership of Dr. Douglas C. Pollard. Starting small, as a printing shop, the business rapidly developed away from printing and into book sales
- The Hilliardton Marsh - The Hilliardton Marsh Bird & Wetland Research & Education Centre provides opportunities for school groups and the general public to learn about birds and wetlands, and facilitates and conducts research about the marsh and the birds and wildlife that make it their home
- Howey Bros - Boards, Bikes and Clothes
- Kap-Kig-Iwan Provincal Park - The Englehart River plunges down whitewater rapids, over a waterfall (Kap-Kig-Iwan in Ojibway), past rugged rock outcrops, through deep ravines and by flats of colourful wildflowers in this picturesque park near Englehart. Hiking, birdwatching and spring fishing are excellent.
- Nastawgan Trails - local hiking trails.
- Ottertooth - If your looking for camping information on Temagami you need to check out Ottertooth!
- Pete's Dam Trail - Great nature hiking trails scenic waterfalls.
- Riverside Farmers Market - The Riverside Farmers’ Market, was established in 1988 and if you are looking for farm fresh produce, home made preserves and fresh baked goods, as well as hand made crafts and local artwork, the Riverside Farmers’ Market is the place to go!
- Robertson Sales Auction - A great place to find that funky or rare piece of furnature you have been looking for, located just out side of Earton at 271472 Poupore Road Earlton.
- Temagami Fire Tower - Climb the Temagami's Fire Tower on Caribou Mountain... A natural high!
- Temiskaming Art Gallery - The Temiskaming Art Gallery has been called “The Tiny Perfect Gallery” by one of its founders.
- Temiskaming Magic The Gathering Guild - This Facebook group is a great place for MTG players to trade cards, network and find out about upcoming tournaments.
- Thorenloe Cheese Factory - Thornloe Cheese has produced a respected brand of cheese products in Northern Ontario for over 68 years!
- Tri Town Ski Village - The Tri Town Ski and Snowboard Club orginated in the 1960's and is located in Lorrain Valley. http://www.ancientforest.org/whitebear.html
- The White Bear Forest - The White Bear Forest takes its name from the last chief of the Teme augama Anishnabai tribe before the arrival of Europeans to this area. Since the 19th The Gillies Bros. Sawmill on Cassels Lakecentury, when Chief White Bear and his family used this forest as part of their hunting and trapping grounds, humans have done little to change this landscape.
Local Area related Sites
Over the years we have noticed that we have become a bit of a hub for visitors or new folks moving into our community. A place where you can go and say "Hey, I'm new here and this place seems cool. Mind if I hang out here?" or "You have such a lovely community what is there to do around here?" Well we decided to included our online visitors in this information sharing and post a list of places that we think are fun to see and do here in Temiskaming. We believe that a great independent bookstore helps to make a strong local community.
- Blackthorn Productions - Blackthorn Productions is a Guelph company that specializes in medieval education and entertainment. Our purpose is to dispel common misconceptions about the middle ages.
- Headframe - Headframe has been playing together for more than two years and has performed at Fred Eaglesmith’s Great Northern Picnic, the Cobalt Miners’ Tavern, Fall fairs and coffee houses. The music tends to fall into the alt-country/roots category.
- Jennifer Founier, Graphic Designer - Jennifer a freelance Graphic Designer and a graduate from Georgian College's Graphic Design 3 year program with honours and was awarded a coveted place in the Graphic Design Scholarship Show. She is also one of the owners of Chat Noir Books.
- Jennylee Silver Photography & Prints - Jenny Lee's work has appeared in print in various issues of Pacific Yachting Magazine as well as the Scarborough Arts Council newspaper, among other publications. Her interests beyond photography, include wildlife and nature, hiking, camping, canoeing, mountain biking, and writing. She is a published writer as well as a photographer, and often writes articles in conjunction with her photos.
- Luca Ragogna Wedding & Portait Photographer - Luca Ragogna is a professional wedding photographer living in Barrie and working thoughout southern Ontario.
- The Match Factory - Bea is a graduate of the now defunct Fashion Tech & Design course at Sheridan College. She has worked in textile arts in many diverse fields such as ready to wear, custom work, alteration, theatre wardrobe and even customn aircraft upholstery, while also working as an experential education facilitatior and teacher.
- Matt Ficner Productions - Matt is an inventor, sculptor, painter, designer, illustrator, fabricator and puppet master...he's well an ideas man!
- Paul McLaren, Web Design & Set Design - Paul is a graduate of Fanshawe's Multimedia Design & Production course, and the Technical Theatre Production course. He is also one of the owners of Chat Noir Books.
- "Punch Me Hard" - Local muscian and Chat Noir Books employee Mark Bradford writes and performs his own music and then treats it up at his friend Ian Auger's private facility Ogeriff Studios.
- Ogeriff Studio - Ogeriff Studio is an audio recording studio located in a quiet country setting, just outside of New Liskeard in Northern Ontario. A comfortable studio atmosphere allows the artist to immediately feel at ease, ready to create.
- Ryan Primrose - Raised and cultured in Ontario's North J. Ryan Primrose spends a great deal of his time with his dog wandering around the bush and reading archaeology, systems of governement, and feminist philosophy and creating his own brand of music.
- Sugar3 - Stefania Ragogna, an established designer currently working in the Greater Toronto Area. With over 8 years of expertise in Graphic Design and a small but growing Web Design portfolio, she is committed to creating solutions which not only suit the needs of her clients, but that also conform to her own high standards.
Our Friends Websites
We wouldn't be here today if it was for our friends and family helping us out so we thought we can help them out by post links to some other their websites. Below you will find links to some great musicians, designers, photographers, knitters, artist, Artisans and more.